Find me elsewhere
- Why tiny tardigrades are nearly indestructibleThe tardigrade, otherwise known as the water bear, is a very small, but tough little animal.
- 9 extinct megafauna that are out of this worldSome of these massive beasts are familiar in form but enormous in size, while others are strange hybrids of modern-day animals.
- 11 animals on the verge of extinctionWe've displaced animals with our buildings and roads, introduced invasive species to wreak havoc on local habitats.
- 5 invasive species that may have won the warIs it time to throw in the towel on the fight against these invasive foes? Here are some non-native species that humans just can't seem to beat.
- 8 of the coldest places in the world to liveWinter is here and it seems like a good time to look at some of the insanely cold places that people actually call home. Here are eight of the coldest places in
- 8 amazing examples of biomimicryInefficiency doesn't last very long in nature so human engineers and designers have been increasingly looking to Mother Nature for solutions to their problems.
- Endemic species: Top 9 lonely animalsEndemic species run a higher risk of extinction because of their geographic isolation.
- 7 monuments, cities and world treasures we could lose to rising sea levelsThese are just a sample of the things we could lose if temperatures rise 5.4 degrees Fahrenheit over the next 200 years.
- 8 lakes and rivers that are drying upIn the face of warming temperatures and the increased demand placed on supply by human needs, some of the world's largest lakes, rivers and seas are dwindling a
- Dam goats scale dam rocks in search of saltMountain goats have no problem applying their gravity defying climbing skills to manmade structures like hydro-electric dams if it means finding a good salt lic
- Why tiny tardigrades are nearly indestructible
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Author Archives: Shea Gunther
Since I started back up at school last year studying computer science and environmental science, I’ve had to jump feet first into re-learning higher-level math. I took pre-calculus during my first semester as a refresher and just wrapped up my … Continue reading
Technically it’s the day after Christmas, but I haven’t gone to bed yet, so I’m going to count it. Merry Christmas everyone. I had a wonderful day and I hope you all did as well. Here’s to New Years and … Continue reading
I am available for hire. Are you looking for someone who knows the ins and outs of blogging, social media, and content marketing? Someone with a focus on the green side of the coin and with a deep background in … Continue reading
It’s official. I am relaunching this site after many years of benevolent dormancy. It will serve as my portfolio/dynamic resume and as a place for me to share random thoughts, links, and whatnot. I expect the site will be in … Continue reading
Test test. Kick the tires. Sweep off the dust. Check check, microphone check 1. 2. 3!?