Find me elsewhere
- Robots will run Japanese hotel (or why you should be worried about your job)When guests roll up to the Henn-na Hotel in Nagasaki, Japan, set to open its doors this summer, they will step out and hand their bags over to a bellhop. They'll walk in and check in at the front desk and wander in to find their room. The next morning, their room will be cleaned by hotel staff.
- Diego Stocco has never met an object he can't playDiego Stocco knows sound. The Italian-born composer and sound designer makes a living creating sounds and music for films, television shows and video games. But he's best known not for the music he makes but for how he makes it. For you see, Diego Stocco is a musical inventor.
- 27 wildlife portraits captured by remote camerasTrail cameras are specially designed gadgets that are designed to photograph wildlife in their natural surroundings. Your typical game camera comes in a weather-tight housing and is usually colored to blend in with its surroundings. They can be triggered by motion or body heat and save all images captured to a memory card. More expensive trail cameras can wi […]
- What's the deal with those giant ice balls washing ashore on Lake Michigan?In this video, shot just a few days after the start of the new year, large ice boulders are seen clanking against one another along the shores of Lake Michigan. What are they? Where did they come from? Can we use them to make massive cocktails?
- Meet Jake Browne, a professional marijuana critic who is living the high lifeJake Browne has had an interesting year. On Jan. 1, 2014, the state of Colorado, where Jake makes a living as a comedian and writer, officially legalized marijuana, making it legal for any adult older than 21 years of age to purchase, possess and consume marijuana.
- Are abandoned oil and gas wells dumping methane into the atmosphere?A new study conducted by researchers at Princeton University suggests that the more than 3 million abandoned oil and gas drilling wells in the United States could be a major contributor to our overall methane emissions.
- Legal cannabis: A business resource guideRecreational marijuana use is fully legal in four states (Colorado, Washington, and now Oregon and Alaska, which will open stores next year), and the elections in 2016 are sure to bring a handful of other states to the legal side of the table — I'm looking at you Massachusetts, Nevada, California, Arizona and Maine. The interest in the business of legal […]
- How broke is Detroit? Fire stations get alerts by fax and soda canIf I asked 10 random people to name a U.S. city that's in bad financial shape, I'd wager that most of them would place Detroit in their top three picks, if not the top spot itself. The Motor City has seen better days. It's population has dropped drastically, with thousands of people leaving the inner city for the suburbs or elsewhere. […]
- Battery + magnets + copper coil = World's tiniest electric maglev trainMaglev trains use powerful magnets that create just the right amount of attraction to keep a train hovering less than an inch above and/or below their tracks. The magnets are also used to propel the trains, taking advantage of the natural repulsion of the two ends of magnetic polarity to push the cars down the line. Although maglev trains can be cheaper to m […]
- Is the OpenWorm Project creating life from keystrokes?Caenorhabditis elegans in motion. (Photo: Bob Goldstein/Wikimedia Commons)
- Robots will run Japanese hotel (or why you should be worried about your job)
- @shopjunket Thanks for the RT last week! 1 month ago
- @GrandCanyonFilm :D Sorry for the late reply, but I'm glad you enjoyed my writing. 3 months ago
- Is #HangBatesAlready a thing? Because it should be. 3 months ago
- We're trying to get to 1k followers while recording our show tonight. Check out @MJtodayPodcast for marijuana politics and business 4 months ago
- RT @adamlshake: Lend your #SocialMedia voice to #MountainStrong 4 Nonprofits! We made it, you launch it! Thanks! ow.ly/BJ2cK 5 months ago
- @Grizzluza Glad to help spread the word. Awesome project! 6 months ago
- RT @Grizzluza: Thanks @sheagunther for featuring the #SignsFromTheNearFuture project on @MNNDaily! Cheers mate! bit.ly/1CdAnPf 6 months ago
- RT @ParisHolley interested in covering a cannabis startup? @MantisAdNetwork reaches over 800k people/month, we've been live for 3 months! 7 months ago
- Sometime you just need to look at pictures of cats (yawning). Here are 42 of them: mnn.com/earth-matters/… 7 months ago
- And we're giving away free conversions all summer: hybridiculous.com/a-summer-of-we… 7 months ago
Tag Archives: Video
Since I started back up at school last year studying computer science and environmental science, I’ve had to jump feet first into re-learning higher-level math. I took pre-calculus during my first semester as a refresher and just wrapped up my … Continue reading