Find me elsewhere
- Are abandoned oil and gas wells dumping methane into the atmosphere?A new study conducted by researchers at Princeton University suggests that the more than 3 million abandoned oil and gas drilling wells in the United States could be a major contributor to our overall methane emissions.
- Legal cannabis: A business resource guideRecreational marijuana use is fully legal in four states (Colorado, Washington, and now Oregon and Alaska, which will open stores next year), and the elections in 2016 are sure to bring a handful of other states to the legal side of the table — I'm looking at you Massachusetts, Nevada, California, Arizona and Maine. The interest in the business of legal […]
- How broke is Detroit? Fire stations get alerts by fax and soda canIf I asked 10 random people to name a U.S. city that's in bad financial shape, I'd wager that most of them would place Detroit in their top three picks, if not the top spot itself. The Motor City has seen better days. It's population has dropped drastically, with thousands of people leaving the inner city for the suburbs or elsewhere. […]
- Battery + magnets + copper coil = World's tiniest electric maglev trainMaglev trains use powerful magnets that create just the right amount of attraction to keep a train hovering less than an inch above and/or below their tracks. The magnets are also used to propel the trains, taking advantage of the natural repulsion of the two ends of magnetic polarity to push the cars down the line. Although maglev trains can be cheaper to m […]
- Is the OpenWorm Project creating life from keystrokes?Caenorhabditis elegans in motion. (Photo: Bob Goldstein/Wikimedia Commons)
- Watch Il Capo, the master of marble, orchestrate the extraction of massive stone blocksFilmmaker Yuri Ancarani spent almost a year filming in a marble quarry in the Carrara region of Italy's Apuan Alps to gather footage for his short film "Il Capo (The Chief)," which focuses on the quarry master responsible for orchestrating the extraction of massive, perfectly hewn blocks.
- Energy lawyer argues that protesters' snarling faces constitute assault (and no, this isn't The Onion)Kinder Morgan is one of the largest energy companies in the world, with about 11,000 employees, a nearly $40 billion market cap, and more than $14 billion in annual revenue. The company enjoys the power and might that comes with being an enormous transnational corporation and has legions of lawyers and corporate security working to protect its interests. A […]
- California drought is driving the depletion of irreplaceable groundwaterA new report published in the journal Nature Climate Change by NASA scientist James Famiglietti paints a grim picture of water conditions in California, our country's breadbasket. Americans get around a third of our produce from California, but that number doesn't really explain how dependent we are on California farms. Here's a quick list of […]
- Waste a little time: Watch animals being total jerksIn one of my favorite episodes of "The Simpsons" ("Bart Gets an Elephant"), the family brings an elephant with an attitude to a nature reserve for rehabilitation. The elephant, named Stampy, starts headbutting all the other elephants in his new home, and a park ranger explains to Marge "Well, animals are not like people, Mrs. Simpson […]
- 8 videos of dogs interrupting major sporting events> Knock knock. Who's there? > Interrupting dog. Interrupting do… > BARK!BARK!
- Are abandoned oil and gas wells dumping methane into the atmosphere?
- @GrandCanyonFilm :D Sorry for the late reply, but I'm glad you enjoyed my writing. 1 month ago
- Is #HangBatesAlready a thing? Because it should be. 1 month ago
- We're trying to get to 1k followers while recording our show tonight. Check out @MJtodayPodcast for marijuana politics and business 2 months ago
- RT @adamlshake: Lend your #SocialMedia voice to #MountainStrong 4 Nonprofits! We made it, you launch it! Thanks! ow.ly/BJ2cK 3 months ago
- @Grizzluza Glad to help spread the word. Awesome project! 3 months ago
- RT @Grizzluza: Thanks @sheagunther for featuring the #SignsFromTheNearFuture project on @MNNDaily! Cheers mate! bit.ly/1CdAnPf 3 months ago
- RT @ParisHolley interested in covering a cannabis startup? @MantisAdNetwork reaches over 800k people/month, we've been live for 3 months! 4 months ago
- Sometime you just need to look at pictures of cats (yawning). Here are 42 of them: mnn.com/earth-matters/… 4 months ago
- And we're giving away free conversions all summer: hybridiculous.com/a-summer-of-we… 5 months ago
- Check out my new project: hybridiculous.com/hello-world-2/ We convert specialized sports shoes into cool and functional streetwear. @HYBridiculous 5 months ago
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Technically it’s the day after Christmas, but I haven’t gone to bed yet, so I’m going to count it. Merry Christmas everyone. I had a wonderful day and I hope you all did as well. Here’s to New Years and … Continue reading
I am available for hire. Are you looking for someone who knows the ins and outs of blogging, social media, and content marketing? Someone with a focus on the green side of the coin and with a deep background in … Continue reading
It’s official. I am relaunching this site after many years of benevolent dormancy. It will serve as my portfolio/dynamic resume and as a place for me to share random thoughts, links, and whatnot. I expect the site will be in … Continue reading
Test test. Kick the tires. Sweep off the dust. Check check, microphone check 1. 2. 3!?