Find me elsewhere
- Do you have what it takes to help build the perfect eco-honeymoon?Calling all couples!
- 13 adorable videos of animals at playIt’s no coincidence that when Google’s secretive X lab built an artificial virtual brain harnessing the collective number crunching powers of 16,000 computers, one of the first things it learned to do was recognize YouTube videos of cats. There are a few universal truths in the universe—death, taxes, and the fact that people love videos of animals doing thin […]
- 2 videos, 2 worlds (but it's the same song and dance)I came across a couple of funny videos over at Reddit that I thought were striking when paired together. The first video shows a bunch of guys dancing on the street to dubbed-over Irish jig music.
- Lion Country Safari: Why this day out in Florida was worth the time and moneyMy family and I recently escaped the snowy clutches of our home state of Maine for a week of sun and sand in Delray Beach in Florida. We visited my wife’s grandmother and had a wonderful week of doing not all that much. The biggest daily decision we faced most days was should we camp out by the pool or make the four-minute walk to the beach? But as nice as i […]
- 'Reddit saved my life': How a post about testicular cancer saved a college studentOn Feb. 13, a Redditor posted about his surgery to remove a cancerous testicle on the popular subreddit /r/WTF along with a description of the symptoms he'd had leading up to his surgery.
- This is what grocery shopping was like in Moscow in 1986This video, shot in 1986 at a Moscow grocery store, is a great reminder of how easy we have it here in the United States in terms of food. For all its faults, capitalism does a good job of giving us lots of shopping options at the grocery store.
- Free climbing with Alex Honnold: 1,000 feet off the deck with nothing but air belowOn the whole, rock climbing is a relatively safe sport. Advances in safety gear have given modern climbers a wide range of options for protecting themselves when they step off the ground and start up the cliff. While there are still plenty of twisted ankles and bruised heels to be found amongst the ranks of climbers, serious injuries and death are the extrem […]
- 13 books every armchair environmentalist should have on the shelfThere are few things in life better than sprawling out in a warm spot in the sun with a good old-fashioned book. Call me a holdout on technology or a literary Luddite if you will, but when it comes to consuming the written word, I prefer a book over a phone, tablet or digital reader. I like flipping the pages and the smell of the paper — and the heft of the […]
- Ghana-based renewable energy startup acquired in an estimated 7-figure dealBack in 2010, I wrote a story about a new startup named Energy in Common that lent money to people in the developing world to buy renewable energy systems like solar panels. It worked just like Kiva by aggregating small loans from people like me into larger loan packages. At the time, I put in $25 to help Edna Mganga, a restaurateur in Tanzania, buy solar pa […]
- Sir Fedora: The young YouTuber rocketing to Internet fame on the waves of Reddit
- Do you have what it takes to help build the perfect eco-honeymoon?
- My post about dancing is in the top spot on MNN right now. "2 videos, 2 worlds (but it's the same song and dance)" mnn.com/node/273262 6 days ago
- One of mine from a ways back: "8 great photos of New York City in the early 1900s" bit.ly/x134B6 @MotherNatureNet 1 week ago
- @JPoliskin You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org 1 week ago
- @pwpcgirl There are a lot of other soda syrup brands that use all sugar. My local Italian market has a decent selection. Also Amazon. 3 weeks ago
- Company Has Yet To Stop Leaks That Have Been Spilling Tar Sands In Alberta For 9 Months | ThinkProgress thinkprogress.org/climate/2014/0… 4 weeks ago
- RT @Blobfishissexy: @sheagunther @TheComboBreaker @KevinSabet I'd feel bad if he was truly concerned abt good pub poli. But he's not;... 1 month ago
- I would feel bad for @KevinSabet for his world crashing down around him, except I know he's fleecing a Kennedy on the way down. He'll be ok. 1 month ago
- RT @TheComboBreaker @DrugFreeAmerica Go home Drug Free America: You're drunk. 1 month ago
- Hey @AmazonBooks, how about one button to add all 100 books to my Wish List? "#100Books to Read in a Lifetime" amzn.to/1euOPr5 1 month ago
- RT @SirFedora My Face http://t.co/KD2FShXwrE 1 month ago
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Technically it’s the day after Christmas, but I haven’t gone to bed yet, so I’m going to count it. Merry Christmas everyone. I had a wonderful day and I hope you all did as well. Here’s to New Years and … Continue reading
I am available for hire. Are you looking for someone who knows the ins and outs of blogging, social media, and content marketing? Someone with a focus on the green side of the coin and with a deep background in … Continue reading
It’s official. I am relaunching this site after many years of benevolent dormancy. It will serve as my portfolio/dynamic resume and as a place for me to share random thoughts, links, and whatnot. I expect the site will be in … Continue reading
Test test. Kick the tires. Sweep off the dust. Check check, microphone check 1. 2. 3!?