Find me elsewhere
- Is the OpenWorm Project creating life from keystrokes?Caenorhabditis elegans in motion. (Photo: Bob Goldstein/Wikimedia Commons)
- Watch Il Capo, the master of marble, orchestrate the extraction of massive stone blocksFilmmaker Yuri Ancarani spent almost a year filming in a marble quarry in the Carrara region of Italy's Apuan Alps to gather footage for his short film "Il Capo (The Chief)," which focuses on the quarry master responsible for orchestrating the extraction of massive, perfectly hewn blocks.
- Energy lawyer argues that protesters' snarling faces constitute assault (and no, this isn't The Onion)Kinder Morgan is one of the largest energy companies in the world, with about 11,000 employees, a nearly $40 billion market cap, and more than $14 billion in annual revenue. The company enjoys the power and might that comes with being an enormous transnational corporation and has legions of lawyers and corporate security working to protect its interests. A […]
- California drought is driving the depletion of irreplaceable groundwaterA new report published in the journal Nature Climate Change by NASA scientist James Famiglietti paints a grim picture of water conditions in California, our country's breadbasket. Americans get around a third of our produce from California, but that number doesn't really explain how dependent we are on California farms. Here's a quick list of […]
- Waste a little time: Watch animals being total jerksIn one of my favorite episodes of "The Simpsons" ("Bart Gets an Elephant"), the family brings an elephant with an attitude to a nature reserve for rehabilitation. The elephant, named Stampy, starts headbutting all the other elephants in his new home, and a park ranger explains to Marge "Well, animals are not like people, Mrs. Simpson […]
- 8 videos of dogs interrupting major sporting events> Knock knock. Who's there? > Interrupting dog. Interrupting do… > BARK!BARK!
- How much can a 2,000-mile hike on the Appalachian Trail change a man? Take a lookIn May of this year, a man set out, walking down a trail from Springer Mountain in Georgia's Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forest. He kept walking for the next 153 days until he reached the top of Maine's Mount Katahdin. The man, known on the trail as "Green Giant" and in the real world as just "Gary," snapped a couple of pictur […]
- Where's the tortoise when you need it? In the classic fable of the tortoise and the hare, the proud and arrogant hare is defeated in a race by a much slower-moving competitor — the tortoise — when he takes a nap mid-race. The tortoise takes advantage of the reposing rabbit and keeps up its slow but steady pace, all the way to the finish line. […]
- When good business and sustainability collideDan Hendrix first went to work for Atlanta, Georgia-based Interface Inc., one of the world's largest manufacturers of modular floor carpeting, when he was in his late 20s, joining the finance department as a financial manager. He quickly moved up the ranks, serving as the company's treasurer, then its chief financial officer, vice president of fina […]
- The souls of famous songs: 11 isolated vocal tracksThe first multitrack recorder was invented in the 1950s and was quickly embraced by the music industry as an indispensable tool in the recording studio. Musicians could use multitrack recorders to separate and stack different channels of sound, free to tweak and massage the sounds however they liked. Want to hear more guitar? Turn up the levels on the guitar […]
- Is the OpenWorm Project creating life from keystrokes?
- @GrandCanyonFilm :D Sorry for the late reply, but I'm glad you enjoyed my writing. 2 weeks ago
- Is #HangBatesAlready a thing? Because it should be. 2 weeks ago
- We're trying to get to 1k followers while recording our show tonight. Check out @MJtodayPodcast for marijuana politics and business 1 month ago
- RT @adamlshake: Lend your #SocialMedia voice to #MountainStrong 4 Nonprofits! We made it, you launch it! Thanks! ow.ly/BJ2cK 2 months ago
- @Grizzluza Glad to help spread the word. Awesome project! 2 months ago
- RT @Grizzluza: Thanks @sheagunther for featuring the #SignsFromTheNearFuture project on @MNNDaily! Cheers mate! bit.ly/1CdAnPf 2 months ago
- RT @ParisHolley interested in covering a cannabis startup? @MantisAdNetwork reaches over 800k people/month, we've been live for 3 months! 3 months ago
- Sometime you just need to look at pictures of cats (yawning). Here are 42 of them: mnn.com/earth-matters/… 4 months ago
- And we're giving away free conversions all summer: hybridiculous.com/a-summer-of-we… 4 months ago
- Check out my new project: hybridiculous.com/hello-world-2/ We convert specialized sports shoes into cool and functional streetwear. @HYBridiculous 4 months ago
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Technically it’s the day after Christmas, but I haven’t gone to bed yet, so I’m going to count it. Merry Christmas everyone. I had a wonderful day and I hope you all did as well. Here’s to New Years and … Continue reading
I am available for hire. Are you looking for someone who knows the ins and outs of blogging, social media, and content marketing? Someone with a focus on the green side of the coin and with a deep background in … Continue reading
It’s official. I am relaunching this site after many years of benevolent dormancy. It will serve as my portfolio/dynamic resume and as a place for me to share random thoughts, links, and whatnot. I expect the site will be in … Continue reading
Test test. Kick the tires. Sweep off the dust. Check check, microphone check 1. 2. 3!?