Find me elsewhere
- Thanks bro! 9 videos of humans giving animals a helping handIn the grand scheme of things, the ascension of humanity has not been a particularly good thing for most of the animal kingdom. We humans have pushed more species into extinction with our clubs, bows, guns and shovels than we'll ever know. We develop forests and hills into malls and parkways and turn their animal homes and habitat into our homes and hab […]
- Slow-motion camera slows kitties WAY downYou could say Darren Dyk lives a slow life. What would be more accurate to say though is that Darren Dyk lives his life looking for the slow. He's a master of slow-motion videography and has been building a name for himself on YouTube (check out his channel BeyondSlowMotion).
- 17 surprisingly real animalsLife can be strange. When you take all the living creatures in the world and mix in a healthy dose of time (measured in millennia) along with a strong shot of evolution, you get some bizarre life forms. Of course, even strange things take on the air of the familiar with enough exposure, which is why the truly weird forms of life are the ones we never lay e […]
- NYU student creates magical gel that halts bleeding In the world of trauma medicine, speed is of utmost importance. You want to be quick in responding to a call for help, quick in treating injuries and quick to stop any bleeding.
- Judge says banned service dog can go back to school
- Robots will run Japanese hotel (or why you should be worried about your job)When guests roll up to the Henn-na Hotel in Nagasaki, Japan, set to open its doors this summer, they will step out and hand their bags over to a bellhop. They'll walk in and check in at the front desk and wander in to find their room. The next morning, their room will be cleaned by hotel staff.
- Diego Stocco has never met an object he can't playDiego Stocco knows sound. The Italian-born composer and sound designer makes a living creating sounds and music for films, television shows and video games. But he's best known not for the music he makes but for how he makes it. For you see, Diego Stocco is a musical inventor.
- 27 wildlife portraits captured by remote camerasTrail cameras are specially designed gadgets that are designed to photograph wildlife in their natural surroundings. Your typical game camera comes in a weather-tight housing and is usually colored to blend in with its surroundings. They can be triggered by motion or body heat and save all images captured to a memory card. More expensive trail cameras can wi […]
- What's the deal with those giant ice balls washing ashore on Lake Michigan?In this video, shot just a few days after the start of the new year, large ice boulders are seen clanking against one another along the shores of Lake Michigan. What are they? Where did they come from? Can we use them to make massive cocktails?
- Meet Jake Browne, a professional marijuana critic who is living the high lifeJake Browne has had an interesting year. On Jan. 1, 2014, the state of Colorado, where Jake makes a living as a comedian and writer, officially legalized marijuana, making it legal for any adult older than 21 years of age to purchase, possess and consume marijuana.
- Thanks bro! 9 videos of humans giving animals a helping hand
- :D RT @rogersherman: @sheagunther I'm old. That makes me feel old. 2 weeks ago
- I joined Twitter eight years ago today. That makes me feel old. 2 weeks ago
- Beautiful shots of #EarthHour from around the world: mnn.com/earth-matters/… … 3 weeks ago
- @shopjunket Thanks for the RT last week! 3 months ago
- @GrandCanyonFilm :D Sorry for the late reply, but I'm glad you enjoyed my writing. 5 months ago
- Is #HangBatesAlready a thing? Because it should be. 5 months ago
- We're trying to get to 1k followers while recording our show tonight. Check out @MJtodayPodcast for marijuana politics and business 6 months ago
- RT @adamlshake: Lend your #SocialMedia voice to #MountainStrong 4 Nonprofits! We made it, you launch it! Thanks! ow.ly/BJ2cK 7 months ago
- @Grizzluza Glad to help spread the word. Awesome project! 7 months ago
- RT @Grizzluza: Thanks @sheagunther for featuring the #SignsFromTheNearFuture project on @MNNDaily! Cheers mate! bit.ly/1CdAnPf 7 months ago
Author Archives: Shea Gunther
Since I started back up at school last year studying computer science and environmental science, I’ve had to jump feet first into re-learning higher-level math. I took pre-calculus during my first semester as a refresher and just wrapped up my … Continue reading
Technically it’s the day after Christmas, but I haven’t gone to bed yet, so I’m going to count it. Merry Christmas everyone. I had a wonderful day and I hope you all did as well. Here’s to New Years and … Continue reading
I am available for hire. Are you looking for someone who knows the ins and outs of blogging, social media, and content marketing? Someone with a focus on the green side of the coin and with a deep background in … Continue reading
It’s official. I am relaunching this site after many years of benevolent dormancy. It will serve as my portfolio/dynamic resume and as a place for me to share random thoughts, links, and whatnot. I expect the site will be in … Continue reading
Test test. Kick the tires. Sweep off the dust. Check check, microphone check 1. 2. 3!?